Friday, January 27, 2017

Fun Friday with Emily!!

Happy Friday everyone!!
Welcome back to another Fun Friday!

Today I decided to share with you some no-line coloring on one of Sami's gorgeous images!
For this card, I used the Beauty Roses image and printed it off several times at varying sizes.

Now, I'm no expert at the no-line coloring technique, but Sami's images are fabulous to give it a shot!  Be sure to print off your image with a really light outline so that it fades away with the coloring.  But don't print them too light or you won't actually be able to see what you're doing...(ask me how I know...)

With your images printed, you're ready to start coloring.  I like to start with the darkest color in the shadow areas and work out to the lightest color, which would be your highlights or where the light would hit the image.  In this case for the roses, the highlights are on the tip of each petal.

I decided to use my Inktense pencils for a little watercoloring.  I absolutely love how they turned out!  There's a bit of purple in some of the blue roses which helps give them just a little bit of character.

To finish off the card, I die cut out a stitched frame and mounted that above my panel, which has my sentiment white heat embossed in the center.  Then just arranged my fussy cut flowers around the outside.  I added foam tape to some and adhered others flat to the panel so that they had different depths.  

Since our challenge this month is to add some sparkle, I added a bunch of glitter dots and Perlen pen around the outsides of the flowers, and also traced along the darkest shadows in the centers of the roses with a shimmer pen.  This card is really sparkly when it catches the light!!

We'd love to have you join in our challenge, or share your projects on our Facebook page!!

Thanks for stopping by!!   
<3 Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment